Thursday 18 October 2012

Look What I Found.

I've just come across a really interesting website concept. It's called Virtual Farmers' Market - http://www.vfm.com - and it's a great idea. Basically there are a number of artisan producers featured and you can shop online for a variety of their products - from pies and cheeses to preserves and condiments. I don't know how successful it's been since it set up in 2010, but I think it's a really good way of helping smaller producers reach a wider public with their products. And as a consumer, I like the idea of being able to buy a variety of different quality foods on one consolidated website.

There are also little videos of some of the producers talking about their products, which is a really nice touch. Putting the face behind the food you might say. I haven't shopped there as yet, so I can't give you details of how fast the service or delivery is. If you try it before I do, please let me know what you think.

We want your reviews.
If you've come across any great tasting new products recently that you want to tell us about please let us know and we'll include them on the food blog. And if you've been disappointed in anything you've tried recently, post your comments on the site and let other people know about your experience.



To see some of the projects I've worked on as a marketing consultant for food and drinks companies, go to www.sa-marketing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment